-
January 10th, 2003, 05:07 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hey,
I was transferring my films to miniDV and after doing most of them, I started wondering if there's anyway to process it in widescreen version?
for one thing i think it would look more professional, and it will also get rid of some of the dirt and grime on the top and bottom from the projector image. Does anyone here have good knowledge of Premiere and know how to do this, and if you can do it without just cutting off the top and botom of the picture?
-
January 10th, 2003, 09:17 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Premiere may be sized to any format you desire. There were presets in my miroVideo card in Premiere but I never shot video in 16-9 but I could have. Just capture in 16-9 mode and set Premiere to the same.
The wider frame may allow you to include picture area between sproket holes. The small bits of sproket holes white that show may be patched out with a mask in Premiere. Should be very interesting.
I regularly capture R8 film, including sproket holes, just to allow TV cutoff to remove them for me and to allow the maximum image area on the television from the film. A tiny black bar on the top and bottom shows but that is almost invisiable.
16:9 may do even better with the workprinter transfer that is even greater then full frame including sproket holes.
MAC
(Michael A. Carter, or regular8mm or mcarter4121)
we are all the same.
-
January 10th, 2003, 10:38 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I assume you are not shooting your films wide screen so all you really want to do is add black to the top and bottom. To do that in Premier, just go to your transitions and choose "bard doors". They have vertical and horizontal bard doors that can be stopped at any point of transitions. That will crop the top and bottom of the frame perfectly and you can choose the amount of cropping after transfer is complete.
Roger
-
January 11th, 2003, 04:10 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Hey,
Thank you both for posting, I appreciate the help.
You were right, Roger; I did not shoot in 16:9 format, although my camera certainly does have an option to do so. I also downloaded some filters that would convert the video through the "motion" option to look like 4:3 from 16:9, so that wasn't right. If I had the time i would definately go back and shoot the transfer in 16:9 but I'm not pulling out that projector again, so I'll stick with cropping my image. It's just too bad that I'll have to have small black bars and not the professional-looking DVD widescreen format. Oh well, there's always next time. Thanks again!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks